The ministry said on Tuesday that nine children had been killed and another 18 wounded in the suicide bombing.
The ministry of public health on Tuesday issued an update on the casualty toll from Sunday’s suicide bombing in Kabul and said 60 people had been killed in the attack.
In addition, the ministry said 129 people had been wounded.
According to the ministry, nine children were among those killed and another 18 children were wounded.
Sunday’s suicide bombing targeted a population registration center in Dasht-e-Barchi in Kabul city, where dozens of people had gathered to apply for their ID documents in order to register to vote.
The suicide bomber reportedly detonated his explosives among the crowd outside the offices.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the incident.
Since April 14, the start of the voter registration process, five attacks have been carried out on election-related facilities across the country.
Just two hours after Sunday’s bombing, five people were killed and six others wounded in Pul-e-Khumri city in Baghlan province after an IED was detonated at a voter registration center – bringing the number of confirmed attacks against the election process to five in only six days.
Sunday’s attacks come after three others on election centers in a matter of days.
On Friday, April 20, unknown armed men attacked a voter registration center in Qala-e-Naw, the center of Badghis province, where a police officer assigned to maintain security was killed.
On Thursday, April 19, unknown armed men attacked two police force members in Jalalabad City who were guarding a voter registration center.
The two policemen were killed in the ensuing gunfight.
On Tuesday April 17, unknown armed men attacked a voter registration center in Ghor province and kidnapped three IEC employees and two policemen.
Ghor police spokesman said the attackers were Taliban.