Residents claim 17 civilians killed during ANDSF operation in Nangarhar

The inhabitants of the Rodat district of Nangarhar province have claimed that at least 17 civilians including children were killed during Afghan National and Defense Security Forces’ operation.

The families of victims’ staged protest and laid the bodies of the deceased next to the Jalalabad-Torkham route and closed the highway to traffic.

Meanwhile, the spokesman of Nangarhar governor Ataullah Khogyani said the operation was carried out late on Tuesday night and the exact figure of casualties is not known so far.

He added that a high level delegation was assigned to investigate the incident.

More and more

Protesters close IEC оffices in Faryab and Sar-e-Pul

Protest over the arrest of Nizamuddin Qaisari, a militia commander and a close to Vice President General Dostum entered its ninth day in northern Faryab and Sar-e-Pul provinces.   

The protesters on Wednesday shut down the provincial offices of the Independent Election Commission in Faryab and Sar-e-Pul provinces and warned the offices will remain closed until the government makes way for the return of VP Dostum and release of commander Qaisari.

“If our demands were not addressed, we will close the government institutions,” said Ehsanullah Qoyanj, head of Youths Council of Junbish Millie party.

More and more