Lawmakers “question” Daesh’s claims of having been behind Monday’s deadly suicide bombing.
The Wolesi Jirga, Lower House of Parliament, will summon the security ministers to answer questions over the recent suicide bombings in Kabul which claimed the lives of dozens of people, lawmakers said on Wednesday.
This comes after Daesh claimed responsibility for a double explosion on Monday that killed 29 people, including nine journalists. Ten days ago, 60 people were killed in an explosion at a population registration center in Kabul.
Some MPs said on Wednesday the recent attacks were “cowardly” and that security organizations are “unable” to ensure the people’s safety. They also said Daesh’s claims of responsibility of such attacks was “questionable”.
The ministry said on Tuesday that nine children had been killed and another 18 wounded in the suicide bombing.
The ministry of public health on Tuesday issued an update on the casualty toll from Sunday’s suicide bombing in Kabul and said 60 people had been killed in the attack.
In addition, the ministry said 129 people had been wounded.
According to the ministry, nine children were among those killed and another 18 children were wounded.
Sunday’s suicide bombing targeted a population registration center in Dasht-e-Barchi in Kabul city, where dozens of people had gathered to apply for their ID documents in order to register to vote.
The suicide bomber reportedly detonated his explosives among the crowd outside the offices.
Daesh claimed responsibility for the incident.
Since April 14, the start of the voter registration process, five attacks have been carried out on election-related facilities across the country.
A major attack by the militants affiliated with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria /ISIS) terrorist group was repulsed in northern Jawzjan province of Afghanistan, leaving several militants dead or wounded.
The 209th Shaheen Corps of the Afghan National Arnmy in thr North said a large group of ISIS militants launched a large scale attack in Darzad district but their attack was repulsed by the security forces.
The source further added that nine militants were killed and thirteen others were wounded after the Afghan forces responded to the militants attack.
According to Shaheen Corps, the attack was launched on security posts of the Afghan National defense and security forces but did not elaborate further if the Afghan forces suffered any casualty or not.
The anti-government armed militant and terrorist groups have not commented regarding the report so far.
A new video released by the US military in Afghanistan shows massive airstrike on a compound of the ISIS terrorist group in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan.
The latest airstrikes were reportedly carried out last week in the vicinity of the restive Achin district amid ongoing air campaign against the terror groups.
There are no reports regarding the casualties inflicted on ISIS terrorists in the particular raid but the US military says “An airstrike destroys an ISIS-K fighting position during Afghan Commando offensive operations in Mohmand Valley, Nangarhar province. Over the winter, Commandos pushed ISIS-K seven kilometers from Afghan civilian centers positions in Mohmand Valley.”
Following the series of terrorist attacks across Afghanistan, dozens of Kabul residents on Thursday protested against Pakistan and the Taliban.
The protestors who staged a peaceful rally in Kabul, blamed Pakistan of being involved in recent deadly attacks in Afghan capital which left hundreds of people dead and wounded.
“Pakistan clearly have been working to destroy Afghanistan; today the world knows that Pakistan is supporting terrorists,” said Bahauddin Jowzjani, a protester.
The demonstrators who were chanting “Death to Pakistan, ISI and Taliban”, asked the government to execute Anas Haqqani – the son of Jalaluddin Haqqani, the former anti-Soviet guerrilla commander who founded the terrorist network. Anas is currently under the Afghan government’s captivity and three court’s have ordered death penalty against him.
A series of airstrikes have been carried out on ISIS targets including a training camp of the terror group in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan, leaving several militants dead.
The provincial government media office in a statement said Thursday at least six ISIS militants were killed in an airstrike conducted in Gorgori area of Haka Mina district during the counter-terrorism operations by the ground forces.
Teh statement further added that airstrikes were also carried out on ISIS training camp in Esta Karan and Gorgori areas, leaving ten ISIS militants as they were receiving training.
According to the governor’s office, airstrikes were also carried out on two ISIS compounds in Shabe area of the district, leaving at least five militants dead.